Online Executive MBA in Financial Markets and Risk Management
Description of the Executive MBA
The Online Executive MBA in Financial Markets and Risk Management is structured around modules created to emphasize key concepts, which represent professional standards in trading rooms, management teams, analysis departments and risk management.
The objective is therefore to combine theoretical concepts with a pragmatic approach, specifically by applying them through exercises and real-life scenarios created by expert faculty. It is not a question of acquiring “knowledge for knowledge’s sake”, as is far too often the case, but teaching what is actually seen, done and practiced in the industry of financial markets. The course’s 340 hours are strongly rooted in the industry context, which is constantly innovating and becoming more complex. The program aims firstly to reflect the professional reality as closely as possible and secondly to place emphasis on operational aspects, to respond to the expectations of both students and professionals keen to surround themselves with qualified resources.
Why do an Online Executive MBA in Financial Markets and Risk Management?
The Online Executive MBA in Financial Markets and Risk Management combines theoretical concepts with real-life situations produced by faculty and high-level industry professionals.
A pragmatic, in-demand MBA offered as an executive education course
The advantage of this course is that it is strongly focused on the reality of activity in this sector, concerning financial markets and operations. It is taught in a blended-learning format, i.e., both in-person and online. Candidates, whether experienced professionals working in financial markets or newcomers to the sector in search of new skills, will progress with:
- Resources made available;
- Face-to-face classes;
- And independent study.
So, if you wish to change careers or deepen your skills in this area, choose this Online Executive MBA, which offers an innovative, very high-quality education.
An Executive MBA to work overseas
This Executive MBA teaches candidates to use all financial engineering resources and adapt to the globalization of capital. Provided online, it offers working professionals the opportunity to take the course at their own pace. This unique program tackles all major areas of finance:
- Capital markets;
- Use of derivatives;
- New regulations;
- International standards;
- Green finance;
- Private equity;
- And investment funds.
This Executive MBA strengthens skills already developed by working professionals.
Understand industry challenges, by acquiring the fundamentals and tackling the new principles of the “Front-Middle-Back” structure
Highlight management techniques - especially under pressure - and their consequences, trading techniques for different types of asset and hedging optimization
Curriculum of the Executive MBA
- Module 1 (Introduction): presentation of the platform, macroeconomic and geopolitical analysis
- Module 2: Mind mapping
- Module 3: Types of assets and financial instruments
- Module 4: Types of portfolio management
- Module 5: Modeling management tracking indicators
- Module 6: Modeling & valuing financial assets
- Module 7: Modeling endogenous and exogenous risks in management
- Module 8: Portfolio and trading management tools according to the asset class
- Module 9: Governance and compliance
- Module 10: Corporate operations and banking
- Module 11: Final week & thesis defense
Objectives of the Executive MBA
- Perform monitoring
- Know how to use a mind map
- Understand the different types of financial and management instruments
- Design mathematical models
- Model and value financial assets and management tracking indicators
- Build databases
- Extract key values and know how to interpret them
- Advise financial establishments
ESLSCA orients its methodology around developing students’ skills, knowledge and abilities. We promote flexible, instant communication and focus on efficient discussion, favoring team work and facilitating interaction between all participants: students, faculty and professionals.
The experience of shared learning
One of the essential aspects of courses at ESLSCA is the value of shared learning, where students and participants are at the center. On our Blackboard virtual campus, you can access all pedagogical materials, have discussions with faculty and interact with people from different sectors. The range of approaches, abilities and experiences to a single situation will offer you a broader perspective.
Practical and active participation
Our methodology is based on combining practical and theoretical learning, requiring the active participation of students with their opinions and points of view. Using reference documents, the case studies and simulations offered each day will generate a rich learning experience, in close connection with reality.
The experience of studying at ESLSCA Business School
The relationship of our students with ESLSCA is based on a large network of people, including professionals, experts, teachers, businesspeople and entrepreneurs defining themselves as active, hands-on, and open to questions and answers. They are proactive individuals, highly involved in the environment and social milieu where they work.
Total hours: 340 hours
Frequency: One 40-hour module/month
- Online classes
- Podcast classes
- Exercises and case studies (individual and group)
- Readings - Resources to be consulted
- Forums (faculty/students)
Final module: 1 week of end-of-year seminars with conferences and field trips organized + thesis defense
- Reports / Individual written analyses for each module
- Written evaluation of simulations and real-life cases
- Individual and group oral presentations
- End-of-studies thesis: thesis examining a financial engineering subject to be defended in front of a panel of research faculty and professionals
Advantages of the course
In this program, objectives are achieved and skills developed thanks to three major resources offered by the school:
- ESLSCA: recognition in the finance sector and more specifically trading, with excellent pedagogical abilities
- THE “BLACKBOARD” ONLINE PLATFORM: one of the most powerful and robust platforms on the market, with tools that facilitate learning and communication between students and faculty
- METHODOLOGY AND EXPERIENCE in online teaching:
- Quality teaching guaranteed
- Achieve objectives and develop skills
The “FNE Formation” program
As part of the French government’s Covid-19 measures, a funding program was offered for permanent part-time employees to facilitate their access to training and skills development. Contact one of our advisors to find out if you are eligible for