MSc 2 Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
Description of the MSc
The Master of Science is a specialised Master’s programme that provides students with expertise in the Supply Chain area.
With this 12 months program, students will acquire general managerial skills and competencies that are will allow them to have a fulfilling career in any field. This programme will allow students to obtain a co-diploma, in partnership with ESC Clermont Business School.
In a globalised and competitive world, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management are strategic assets for developing a company's performance.
This programme enables students to acquire concepts, methods and tools that are essential to becoming professionals in this ever-growing field.
Why enrol in an MSc Purchasing and Supply Chain Management?
The Master of Science in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management will allow you to follow a fully English programme at the heart of Paris.
A one of a kind Master's degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain
The latest health and geopolitical crises in the world have propelled a renewal of sourcing and an unprecedented flexibility in risk management. This MSc, taught by the academics from ESLSCA Business School as well as trained professionals will give our students the opportunity to get two degrees: one from ESLSCA business School, the other one from the triple crown ESC Clermont Business School.
This is the course to follow for someone who wants to stand out in front of a recruiter, namely thank to:
- The opportunity to be trained for the CPIM certification exam;
- A curriculum based on the APICS programmes;
- A teaching fully based on concrete business cases.
Purchasing is of great importance to manage a company. The system of supply chains is constantly renewed and managers need to build on the skills they have acquired on this course in:
- Sourcing policy;
- Strategic or safety stocks;
- Risk management.
Buyer, Purchaser, Supply Chain Manager, Stock Manager, Demand Planner or Flow Manager are the most sought after positions that you can access after obtaining this MSc Purchasing and Supply Chain with ESLSCA Business School Paris.
- Be in a position to manage purchasing activities in an international environment
- Be in capacity to drive supply chain (physical, financial and information flows)
- Acquire the skills to manage transformation and optimisation projects in a complex environment
- Be equipped with innovative techniques (digital, urban logistics, demand planning, etc.) in the field of purchasing and supply chain management
MSc Purchasing and Supply Chain 2023/2024 Program - 18 months
FUNDAMENTALS OF PURCHASING & SCM
- Introduction to purchasing
- Identification of purchasing needs
- International purchasing rules
- Expression of needs
- Purchasing costs
- Negotiation basics
- Supplier relationship management
- Essentials of SCM
- Demand planning and forecasting
- Essentials of production planning
- Inventory management basics
- Introduction to lean manufacturing
- Meetings with companies' practitioners
- Sourcing cases presentation
- Thesis methodology
- Mastering Data in Excel (e-learning)
- French language skills
- Job Marketing
- Global sourcing and contracting (case of emerging countries)
- Negotiation advanced
- Purchasing per sector
- Purchasing costs and risks
- Business cases and professional testimonies
- Tutorials (problems + team work on purchasing project)
- Project management
- Business intelligence
- Strategies with global strategy
- Alignment of purchasing and SCM
- Demand management
- Capturing innovation
- Lean, quality and continuous improvement
- Manufacturing planning and control system
- Inventory management and ordering systems
- Production activity and capacity control
- Physical distribution advanced
- Strategic management
- Information systems for managers
- French language skills
- Meeting with practitioners
PROFESIONNAL MISSION AND THESIS
- Master's thesis
- Oral presentation
- Company assessment
Objectives of this MSc
- Knowledge and practice of purchasing activities, methods and tools
- Acquisition of professional standards of competence in Supply Chain Management
- Development of a vision considering all ﬂows and processes and focused on continuous improvement (Lean approach)
- Associated soft skills
Why choose this programme?
- English-track programme
Collaborative program with the esteemed ESC Clermont Business School, recognised by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
Individualised coaching (courses, internship, thesis, job)
The students build a real case of international sourcing, thus allowing them to implement the methods and tools taught
Teaching based on real cases with the contribution of expert professionals
Curriculum in line with APICS standards, setting students on a path to global recognition and a chance to prepare for the CPIM certification exam
Programme delivered in Paris with possible exchange with ESC Clermont (for some modules) / Possible pooling of academic projects between the two campuses.
Enrolment is open all year round and closes once the number of students has been reached (limited places per class).
Application deadline: 31 March 2024. After these dates, please contact the Admissions Department directly
Pre-selection of the file including:
- Application questionnaire
- Skills assessment interview
Baccalaureate +4 or any equivalent foreign diploma (240 CTS)
Have a professional project in line with the targeted programme
Professional English Proficiency (official TOEFL score of 550 and above or TOEIC of 750, or IELTS 6.0)
- PROJECT MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN
- DEMAND PLANNER
- PRODUCTION PLANNING COORDINATOR
- INVENTORY MANAGER
- SUPPLY MANAGER
- WAREHOUSE MANAGER
- CATEGORY/FAMILY BUYER
- PROJECT BUYER
- CAPEX BUYER
- INDUSTRIAL BUYER
- SERVICE BUYER
- PUBLIC SECTOR BUYER
- PURCHASING PROJECT MANAGER
The student's year is divided into two semesters with the last week reserved for examinations.
The grading of students is in accordance with the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) standard promoted by the European Union. The evaluation system complies with the internal regulations of the 2022-2023 studies; the average of a course or a module makes it possible to appreciate the efforts made by each student and to give him/her elements of decision in his/her academic and professional choices.
It includes elements of continuous assessment, the evaluation of different assignments and the grade obtained during the semester assessments.
Under the direction of the Director of the School, the school jury meets once a year to decide on the case of each student (passing, repeating, reorientation).
A student validates his/her year with 60 ECTS (i.e. 30 ECTS per semester) and an average of 10/20 per module, knowing that 5 is an eliminatory mark for a course.
In addition, all the pedagogical conditions must be fulfilled:
- Master's thesis
- Oral defense
- Company assessment
Any student who does not obtain an average of 10/20 in a module will be called to the make-up session to retake the exams that will have been defined by the passing jury.
A second School Jury will take place after the remedial session to decide on the case of each student: conditional passage for alternating students over 2 years, repetition, reorientation, exclusion, gap year.