Bachelor Finance 3rd year
The 3-year Bachelor of Finance offers an innovative, progressive pathway aimed at acquiring the fundamentals of business management, with a choice of two specialisations in the third year (market finance and corporate finance).
In the company, students will be required to work in interaction with other departments: marketing, human resources, purchasing, finance, accounting, international, communication, etc.
Our Bachelor's degree in Finance stands out for :
- Its specialisation programme in corporate finance or market finance. Over the three years, a student receives 315 hours of lectures in finance. Supplemented by related disciplines such as statistics, mathematics and financial mathematics (for a total of 168 hours), this represents 40% of the total volume.
- A skills-based teaching approach based on the Eslsca Learning System (ELS), using a skills framework that combines business skills, managerial skills, technical skills and interpersonal skills;
- Enhanced support at the start of the B1 course: two preparatory weeks to help students integrate and assert themselves so that they can approach higher education with motivation and confidence;
- A positive teaching approach: collective intelligence, theatre, exchange, cultural/managerial openness, community life, Fresque du climat, soft skills, etc. ;
- Its international dimension: hosting international students, the possibility of exchanges with partner universities in B2-S2, study trips to provide a cultural and intellectual insight into financial practices, etc. ;
- Its entrepreneurial dimension, thanks to the entrepreneurial pathway developed over the first two years:
Step 1 in Bachelor 1- First laboratory (from idea to project)
Step 2 in Bachelor 2 - Second laboratory (from project to company)
Why do a Bachelor's degree in Finance?
The 3-year Bachelor of Finance aims to train and support future finance managers. The individualisation of the course (choice of specialisation in the third year, projects, etc.), the emphasis on professionalisation and personal development are key elements of its pedagogical engineering. The programme is open to all young people with an interest in finance.
The advantages of the Bachelor of Finance
Finance is at the heart of corporate strategy. Students on internships or work-study contracts will be required to interact with other departments. This means that when you enrol on the Bachelor Finance programme, you will acquire solid skills and unrivalled knowledge in terms of:
- Financial planning ;
- Cash management ;
- Capital budgeting;
- Business environment, management, marketing and corporate culture;
- Human resources (HR);
- Financial markets, banking ;
- Corporate, financial and business law;
- General and analytical accounting.
You will also learn how to use mathematical, financial and statistical tools.
The teaching of technical subjects such as coding (Python and VBA), as well as the contextualisation of students' future professional activity through the use of a trading room (Bloomberg), play an important role in the Bachelor's curriculum.
ESLSCA's Bachelor in Finance
These 3 years of study make candidates operational as soon as they graduate, because in addition to their enriched network, they have the skills needed to work in a company. The involvement of industry professionals and the quality of ESLSCA's teaching staff add further value. The skills delivered by this bachelor's degree are recognised and acclaimed by professionals.
of students graduate
of students on work-study programs in their third year
The Bachelor of Finance aims to :
- Understand the managerial and economic environment of the company
- Deepen their knowledge of finance while exploring international issues and innovation
- Specialise in corporate or market finance and apply your knowledge to real-life issues
Bachelor Finance 2024/2025 programme
MODULE 1: BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- Human Resources*
- Organisational theory*
- Business strategy*
- Marketing fundamentals*
- Economic and financial culture*
- Introduction to Business Law*
MODULE 2: ACCOUNTING AND LAW
- General accounting*
- Analytical accounting*
MODULE 3: QUANTITATIVE METHODS
MODULE 4: LANGUAGE/COMPUTING
- Business english
- Business English/TOEFL ITP preparation (included in tuition fees)
- How to write a CV and covering letter
MODULE 5: DEVELOPING PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Sharing week* (soft skills, curiosity-general culture, agile sprint, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial laboratory* "from idea to project" - Step 1
- Circular economy*
- Social responsibility/CSR*
- Climate fresco*
INTERNSHIP - 1 month (22 days in a company)
*course in French
MODULE 1: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- International Political Economy
- Project management
- Financial law
- Corporate social responsibility
MODULE 2: FINANCE AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Banking and financial intermediation
- Fundamentals of financial markets
- Financial accounting
- Management control*
- Corporate taxation*
- Company accounting*
- Forecasting and financial management*
MODULE 3: QUANTITATIVE METHODS
- Research methodology:
- 1st semester : Part 1: Introduction to academic research*
- 2nd semester: Part 2: Introduction to academic research
MODULE 4: LANGUAGES
- English (business english, public speaking)
- French language* - for international students only
MODULE 5: DEVELOPING PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Entrepreneurial laboratory* "from project to company"* - Step 2
- Social economy*
- Study trips*
- International exchange (semester 2)
INTERNSHIP - 2 months (44 days in a company)
*Course in French
MODULE 1: COMPANY MANAGEMENT
- Company law*
- Team management*
- Challenge Open innovation
MODULE 2: FINANCE
- Cash management*
- Portfolio management*
- International Finance*
MODULE 3: QUANTITATIVE METHODS
- Enhanced statistics*
- Research methodology - Dissertation*
MODULE 4: LANGUAGES/IT
- Financial english
- Public speaking / Mandarin
- Management information systems (ERP-CRM-BDD)*
- Introduction to VBA coding, Python beginner*
MODULE 5: SPECIALISATION IN CORPORATE FINANCE
- Management control - level 2*
- In-depth accounting*
- Financial analysis*
- Financial decision-making*
- Introduction to auditing*
MODULE 5: MARKET FINANCE SPECIALISATION
- Financial management*
- Financial markets and institutions*
- Behavioural finance*
- Company valuation*
- Bloomberg workshop/Technical analysis*
- Financial mathematics*
MODULE 6: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND RESEARCH DISSERTATION
- Research methodology*
- Oral presentation*
INTERNSHIP - 4 months (i.e. 88 days in companies) for initial training students
*course in French
Objectives of the Bachelor
- Carrying out budgetary control;
- Manage a team and a department;
- Manage business management projects;
- Manage an international entity;
- Conduct an audit and financial management;
- Manage a finance project as part of an entrepreneurial approach.
Recognition of the diploma
School diploma preparing for professional certification as a "Management Officer", Level 6 certified qualification, NSF codes 310 and 310p, registered with the RNCP 34734 on 30/06/2020, awarded by FORMATIVES.
Sharing Weeks and Entrepreneurial Project
Sharing weeks in the 1st year of the Bachelor's programme.
After 2 difficult years in which interpersonal links and links with educational institutions were weakened, the start of the 2021 academic year at ESLSCA must be both unifying and likely to galvanise the energies of all those involved in the school (students, teachers, administrative staff), in order to generate a strong and lasting commitment. With this in mind, ESLSCA's academic management felt it was necessary to offer exciting activities that would prepare students for the coming years in a fun and dynamic way.
What do these two weeks of sharing consist of?
The idea is to offer 1st year Bachelor students two weeks to recharge their batteries, learn and assert themselves after a rather difficult period linked to the health crisis, so that they can begin their higher education course with motivation and serenity.
The aims of these two weeks are to
- Prepare students to make the leap into higher education
- Appreciate the innovative and fulfilling dimension of the Bachelor's degree course: inspire, motivate, remove obstacles, build confidence, stimulate, etc.
- Appreciate the innovative and fulfilling dimension of the Bachelor's degree course: inspire, motivate, remove obstacles, build confidence, stimulate, etc.Develop group cohesion and team spirit (presentation of an unusual building, a work of art)
- Start learning soft skills in a fun and innovative way (personal development, self-confidence, eloquence, etc.)
- Develop curiosity and creativityDevelop collective intelligence and prepare for the entrepreneurial curriculum (Start-up Game, Teambuilding, Agile Sprint, etc.)
Entrepreneurial project: 1st and 2nd year of the Bachelor's programme.
This involves setting up two entrepreneurship training programmes. The first, an introduction, for first-year Bachelors. The second, a more in-depth programme, for second-year Bachelors. Projects in the first years will have to fit in with the logic of the circular economy. Second-year projects will have to propose a solution with an economic and social impact.
Step 1 Entrepreneurial Laboratory: from idea to project.
For Bachelors 1, we offer a programme spread over one semester and divided into 3 types of activity: a 3-day launch Hackathon, 3 progress sprints and 1 closing sprint.The students, organised in project teams, will be brought face to face with the major challenges of entrepreneurship, from creative design to the production of a model corresponding to a product whose economic potential will be identified and presented in front of a jury.
Laboratoire entrepreneurial step 2: from project to company.
For Bachelors 2, we offer a programme with the same structure as the step 1 programme (hackathon, sprints, closing session).Organised in project teams, the students will be presented with theoretical content that complements the step 1 programme, and corresponds to a higher level of entrepreneurial maturity. In this way, 1st year Bachelor students will have the opportunity to set up a project, while 2nd year students will have the opportunity to set up a company, with its associated business model.
Creating the climate mural
The climate mural helps students to understand how climate change works, and the scale and complexity of the issues involved.
Our 3rd year Bachelor of Finance is distinguished by :
- An innovative and progressive programme combining academic excellence and practical experience
- A teaching approach based on the ESLSCA Learning System (ELS) (academic and experiential excellence, entrepreneurship, digital, innovation, validation) that prepares students for the professional world as future ethical and responsible managers
- A positive teaching approach that enables students to flourish (collective intelligence, theatre, exchange, cultural/managerial openness, associative activities, first aid diploma, soft skills, etc.).
- Its international dimension (international students, exchange opportunities with partner universities in semester 2 of the second year, study trips, etc.).
- Its entrepreneurial dimension
- Its specialisation programme in corporate finance or market finance
After completing the Bachelor of Finance, students can go on to the specialist MBA of their choice:
- MBA Finance
- MBA Finance and Data Performance
- MBA Trading and Market Finance
- MBA Wealth Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Students can also enter the world of work directly and work in the following areas and professions:
- Financial analyst, treasurer, management controller, administrative and financial manager, purchasing manager
- Accountant, chief accountant, payroll manager, chartered accountant, assistant in an accountancy firm
- Account manager, Bank account manager, Sales representative, Sales engineer
- Insurance and savings advisor, Broker, Asset and property advisor, Specialist in banking and insurance products and investments
Admission requirements for the Bachelor's degree
Enrolment is by ESLSCA's own competitive entrance exam. This competition is open all year round.
To apply, candidates must have obtained or be in the process of obtaining a degree equal to or higher than Bac+2 (120 ECTS credits). They must also be able to demons